Fiber, protein & healthy fats all rolled into one delicious little muffin! How can you go wrong with apples & cinnamon?
You must try one of these treats. Hard to tell they are vegan & gluten-free! Great fuel to start your day.
Millet, buckwheat, brown rice, flax seed flours are all good for B-vitamins, protein & fiber. All these are important for a healthy digestive system and for building a strong and healthy mind and body.
Buckwheat is an amazing gluten-free flour. I posted about its benefits here.
Apples also are great source of fiber. When making vegan baked goods, applesauce is a great egg replacer.
I love coconut oil, which I have previously blogged about here.
Cinnamon not only adds great flavor, but also helps keep the blood sugar regulated, reduces cholesterol and also adds more fiber. Read more on cinnamon here.
Even if you aren’t too into knowing why food is good for you, I guarantee you will love these muffins!
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
3 medium apples (or 1 cup applesauce)
1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
2 Tbsp flaxseed meal
6 tsp hot water
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 + 2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 Tbsp cinnamon
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/4 cup potato starch
1/4 cup millet flour
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1 Tbsp brown rice flour
2 Tbsp arrowroot starch
2 tsp baking soda
5 tsp baking powder
1) Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 12-hole muffin pan and set aside.
2) Peel and process 3 medium apples in processor (or use premade applesauce) in large mixing bowl.
3) Mix flaxseed meal, hot water apple cider vinegar in separate bowl. Once thoroughly mixed, add to bowl of applesauce.
4) Stir in the sugar and oil to the large bowl.
5) Add the remaining ingredients in the bowl, one by one, until all are mixed in completely.
6) Gently fold in the apple chunks to the batter.
7) Separate the batter into the 12 muffin holes.
8) Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes (or until a toothpick can pierce it and come out clean).
9) Remove from pan and cool for 5 minutes.
Great breakfast muffin to serve with homemade almond milk or your morning coffee.
With high-fiber foods, it is recommended to drink fluids.