Ever need a quick chocolate fix but want it to be healthy don’t want all the sugar? This is the answer! They taste like chocolate brownies!
No oven or cooking needed to make these magic morsels, just a good food processor! The ‘secret ingredient’ is packed with nutrients!
Pecans, Sunflower Seeds, Flaxseed, Raisins & Coconut are great snacks. Molding them together with some real raw cacao just steps up the taste and nutrition. Especially if you use Perfect Food RAW green super food cacao powder since it is packed full of fruits, vegetables, gluten-free grains, prebiotics and Probiotics.
This is a good snack to make a batch of then hide them away in the freezer when you want a little sweet morsel that is packed with healthy fats, fiber and protein.
Super Cacao Raw Balls
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp sweetener (agave, honey, raw sugar)
1/2 cup pecans
3/4 cup sunflower seeds
2 Tbsp flaxseed meal
2 scoops (approx 2 Tbsp) Perfect Food RAW Real Cacao Powder
1/4 cup coconut flakes
2 Tbsp coconut butter
1/4 cup coconut flakes, to coat
1) Soak raisins in 1/4 cup water with 2 Tbsp sugar (or honey, agave, etc).
2) Put pecans, sunflower seeds, flaxseed, coconut flakes, coconut butter and Perfect Food RAW Cacao Powder in food processor and pulse until broken up. Pieces should be small, but not powder. You may need to push the corners down into the center a couple times.
3) Add the soaked raisins to the processor and pulse to cut the raisins in the mix. Keep pressing the blended pulp down and pulse it until there are no more whole raisins. This should be a sticky dough.
4) Divide the dough into quarters using a utensil. Each quarter makes 8 balls. It may be easier to roll these balls with a little oil on your hands.
5) Roll the balls in shredded coconut flakes.
6) Store in freezer.
Makes 32 Super Cacao Raw Balls.
Learn more about the benefits of the whole foods in this recipe and be sure to check out my Garden of Life’s Perfect Food RAW Organic Green SuperFood Review + Giveaway!