I have a growing number of recipes where the featured item is PINES Wheatgrass Powder.
Despite ‘wheat’ being in the name, there is no gluten in wheatgrass!
PINES always has great quality grass powders. One of the first wheatgrass and barley grass producers, starting back in 1976. Also, they are from my hometown, Lawrence, Kansas, which of course makes them great.
I love that they come in amber glass bottles which makes them different than some other green superfood companies.
Benefits of Amber Glass Packaging
1. Glass is completely non-toxic.
2. The oxygen-free atmosphere inside our glass bottles stops oxidation. The only other way to stop oxidation is to freeze the product.
3. Even after being opened, glass bottles keep product fresher than plastic. Plastic is a porous material that cannot hold a 100% nitrogen environment. Glass is not porous and gives off no chemical residue.
What is so good about wheatgrass? Well, that it is GREEN!
Here’s what’s in it.
This is not a complete list of the nutrients in PINES Wheat Grass. This analysis simply lists those nutrients shown on our labels. Most whole plant foods, including PINES Wheat Grass, contain hundreds of nutrients, including carotenoids, pigments, trace minerals, and phytonutrients.
NOTE: Based on a single 3.5 gram serving (1 teaspoon or 7 tablets). We recommend two to three servings per day.
Calories from fat 0
Total fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 g
Sodium 0 g
Potassium 105 mg
Total Carbohydrates 2 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 1250 IU
(100% as Betacarotene)
Vitamin C 7 mg
Calcium 15 mg
Iron 1 mg
Folic Acid (Vitamin B9) 35 mcg
Chlorophyll 15 mg
Containing chlorophyll, this green food has lots of reason to eat it daily.
The numerous health benefits of chlorophyll:
• Cleanses and oxygenates and builds the blood
• A powerful detoxification effect on the body
• Rich in enzymes that promote quick rejuvenation of our cells
• High in Amino acids
• Extracts toxins form the liver and improves liver function
• Regulator of calcium
• Helps break addiction
• Alkalizes the body
• Wound-healing properties
• Fight infection
• Anti-oxidant – neutralize free radicals
• Promotes healthy intestinal flora
• Helps reverse protein-deficient anemia
• Protection from cancer
• Helps skin disorders
(From Sacred Source Nutrition)
Recipes I’ve created using PINES Wheatgrass:
Disclosure: PINES sent me a sample for my voluntary review. All opinions are my own.