A late-night sweet tooth and limited ingredients had me determined to make a tasty treat.
I told my fiancé we were out of butter spread, eggs & almond milk so pickings were slim.
Looking in the freezer, I remembered we had some bananas left, so I knew they were the answer!
I used some omega-3 & plant sterol enhanced mayonnaise for the first trial, which turned out well.
They were really good, but I imagined a vegan, whole foods option would be even better.
Frozen bananas are a favorite treat of mine and they come in handy in recipes. Check out my how-to page for more on frozen bananas, including how to peel them.
That is what I’ll share with you.
Vegan Carob Banana Muffins
3tsp Ener-G egg replacer
2Tbsp flaxseed meal
1Tbsp Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup Zulka sugar
2 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Toasted Carob Powder
1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Tapioca starch
2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
2 tbsp Moong Dal flour (found at Indian Grocers)
1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Millet flour
1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Brown Rice flour
1 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill White Rice flour
1 tbsp Arrowroot powder
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1) Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 12-hole muffin pan and set aside.
2) Mash two bananas in large mixing bowl.
3) Mix egg replacer, flaxseed meal, apple cider vinegar and water in separate bowl. Once thoroughly mixed, add to bowl of bananas.
4) Stir in the sugar to the large bowl.
5) Add the remaining ingredients in the bowl, one by one, until all are mixed in completely.
6) Separate the batter into the 12 muffin holes.
7) Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes (or until a toothpick can pierce it and come out clean).
8) Remove from pan and cool for 5 minutes.
Enjoy with glass of almond or homemade sunflower seed milk.